Last week I showed you my favorite gluten-free cupcakes.. this week I show you my favorite salad as of late. Cake and salad, yin and yang, both are delicious and necessary in life. But today is all about FRESH- so let’s see how to make it, shall we?
This is for all of you still holding on to summer, like I am. Using up the last of the summer melons and fresh greens, with plenty of heartiness that we crave with the start of fall. It’s simple to make – taking 20 minutes start to finish – and is a perfect blend of sweet and salty.
Toasted almonds and quinoa add plant-based protein to keep you full and focused, taking this salad from a side dish to an entree. And the goat cheese adds a tanginess that makes every bite irresistable.
The lemon mint vinaigrette adds a pop of flavor and brightness that I absolutely love. Serve this salad at your next barbecue, or pack it for a week of lunches. It won’t get soggy in the fridge, as long as you leave it undressed!
I hope you all LOVE this salad, if you give it a try let me know how it goes! Enjoy:)
- 1 bunch arugula (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 oz. goat cheese or feta (if vegan, sub vegan cheese or omit)
- Lemon mint dressing
- Toast almonds in a hot pan with 1 tsp oil for a few minutes, until golden brown. Watch closely and toss often as they burn quickly. Set aside.
- Add arugula, watermelon, toasted almonds, and quinoa to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and dressing.