Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread Cheesecake- a delicious recipes for pumpkin spiced cheesecake that’s made in a blender and cooked in a gingerbread crust.
Beautiful and delicious, what more could you ask for in a holiday dessert!? I am so excited for Thanksgiving. We run around like crazy, cooking in the morning, spending the afternoon with my family, and the evening with Jake’s family. It’s an all day eating extravaganza and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Since being diagnosed with Celiac disease, it’s sometimes up to me to bring things to eat at holiday gatherings. If you feel this way, my advice is to keep it simple & delicious. Minimalist Baker has lots of ideas here. Bring sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower or brussel sprouts, and if you have a little extra time- make this dessert.
This cheesecake is a delicious combination of gingerbread crust, (vegan) cheesecake filling, and pumpkin swirl. It’s festive and delicious and EASY to make. While the ingredient list looks long and it takes over an hour, most of that is baking time and the filling is made in a blender. Simply crush up your ginger cookies in a food processor with some butter and bake the crust. Make your cheesecake filling in a blender and set aside. Then make your pumpkin filling in the same blender. Pour the cheesecake into crust and top it with the pumpkin. Now the fun part- use a toothpick to swirl. Easy as pie (hehe) and beautiful to boot.
While it’s baking- make up some whipped cream! Either coconut whipped cream or regular. Option 1: place full-fat canned coconut milk in the refrigerator over night. The next day add just the solid part (saving the liquid for smoothies) to a COLD mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar or vanilla if desired and mix. You an also use an electric beater. Option 2: place 1 cup of heavy whipping cream in a COLD bowl (place in freezer for 5 minutes first), adding powdered sugar or vanilla if you would like and mix. Easy peasy and everyone will be impressed with your dessert making skills.
Remove from the oven, let it rest while you get ready for the festivities (at least 6 hours in the refrigerator). Then enjoy a gluten free dessert that everyone will love. Dare I say.. even more delicious than the original?
- 2 cups ground vegan and gluten free ginger cookies (I used Pamela's )
- ½ stick vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 12 oz package silken tofu
- 2 Tbs melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch or gluten free flour
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pumpkin Pie Swirl
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add cookies to food processor and mix until crumbled, add melted butter and combine.
- Transfer to a pie pan and firmly press crust down.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cheesecake filling by adding all ingredients to blender. Transfer to a separate bowl so that you can use the blender to make your pumpkin filling.
- Add pumpkin pie ingredients to blender.
- First, pour cheesecake filling into pre-baked crust, then dollop with pumpkin filling and use a toothpick to swirl. Get creative! Set on a baking sheet to catch any overflow in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until edges are brown, but pie still jiggles in the center.
- Let cool completely, cover loosely, and let sit overnight in the refrigerator (>6hrs) for best results.
Thinking Out Loud!