Vegan and gluten-free cornbread, just 6 ingredients and 20 minutes to the classic cornbread taste you crave, without the dairy or regular flour. Perfectly paired with a cup of chili and a drizzle of maple syrup, it’s a slice the whole family will love 🙂
When we have dinner with Jake’s family, there is never a shortage of food. If we’re lucky, his mom is making her famous cornbread, never less than two pans, and there are always leftovers. It’s inevitably sliced into before dinner and nibbled at throughout the evening. Her recipe is from one of her classic cookbooks and is truly incredible. This cornbread is inspired by hers, and while it has the same buttery decadence, I can’t say it’s on par. Something about a mother’s cooking can’t be beat.
We are clearly a cornbread family. I make any time I can. Cornbread is so easy and quick to throw together making it a perfect accompaniment to weeknight soup, chili, or stew. I’ve got my go-to gluten free recipe down to a science and it’s what I’m sharing here with you today. My starting point was the classic recipe I talked about above, but pared down to the simplest ingredients so that it can be thrown together any time, while still tasting divine. I bring this cornbread with me to potlucks all the time and it is a crowd pleaser for adults and kids alike.
Top with a pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy some homemade goodness tonight! xo Karlie
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan or 9" round dish.
- Combine flax meal and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add in wet ingredients, including flax and almond milk mixtures. Combine well
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are brown and knife comes out clean.
- Slice and enjoy!