Vegan Choco Tacos! With only 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, and one dish, this nostalgic treat is the perfect sweet treat. Satisfying, simple, and absolutely delicious!
Good morning! How amazing was that weather this weekend? And, actually, still today! Almost 70 degrees in February. I am not sure I’ve ever worn a tank top in Michigan in February before, but I’m not complaining. That dose of Vitamin D was much needed. It’s kind of amazing what a difference sunshine makes in everyone’s collective moods. People are a little bit nicer, don’t ya think?
Even though I’m studying for exams this week and my to-do list has a few more items than I’d like, I can’t help but feel happy. Spending the weekend outside, graduation from yoga teacher training this week (!!!), and heading to Costa Rica on Saturday 😎 Yep, can not complain. Also, there’s chocolate tacos.
Choco tacos. The infamous ice cream treat we all know and love. Veganized. Nothing fancy, but super fun.
We are big dessert people over here. Every night ends with some sort of treat. Clearly in this case, we went all out. Maybe it was the sunshine, who knows. No regrets. Just chocolate, ice cream, peanuts, tacos. 5 minutes. 5 ingredients. Absolutely delicious.
Here’s what you do: Start with your classic tortillas. Heat them in the oven for a few minutes, I draped mine over the oven grill so they would take on a taco shape. Lay them over a thin book binding while they cool to keep the shape. Next I scooped in our go-to vegan vanilla ice cream. This one is great too. Obviously, use whatever ice cream you like!
Whip up a quick chocolate sauce and drizzle (generously)
Crushed nuts to top them off! Or try sprinkles, candy, really anything you please!
I placed them in the freezer about an hour so and that was perfect. However, they were just as good the next day. Super simple, fun, and delicious. This would be a great recipe to double or triple for a group.
Enjoy:) If you make these be sure to tag me on instagram! @karlcooks_
- 3 tortillas
- 6 scoops of vegan vanilla ice cream
- ½ c dairy-freechocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Peanuts, crushed, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm tortillas in oven 3-5 minutes, draping them over the oven grates so they take on a "taco" shape. Lay them over a book binding to cool so they retain the shape. Or use pre-shaped taco shells.
- Scoop 2 scoops of ice cream, slightly softened, into each shell and use a spoon to spread the ice cream inside so it's smooth.
- Make your quick chocolate sauce by heating chocolate chips and coconut oil over a water bath. Like this.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over each taco generously. Sprinkle with crushed nuts or toppings of choice.
Store in freezer, wrapped, up to one month.