We made it to Friday and I have healthy breakfast cookies you will love! As soon as I made this recipe I knew I wanted to share it because it’s a perfect example of how easy healthy eating can be. New ingredients may seem foreign at first, but vegan and gluten-free staples (check out my email list for ideas) will last you months worth of recipes. This one is vegan, gluten-free, and only require one bowl!
I love making granola bars, baked goods, and muffins to snack on. Partly because I love to bake and partly because I love having something to pack during the week. It stops me from buying food as I’m running around all day, and it ensures I have a gluten-free feel-good option. Breakfast cookies are a phenomenon I’ve seen floating around the internet, so I decided to try my hand at my own recipe.
They are amazing- seriously if you make one thing this week make these because they’re so good. Only 10 ingredients and 20 minutes and you have 7 days of breakfasts or snacks.
Simply mix everything together, shape into cookies, and bake. And if you can catch some of that fleeting winter light, all the better.
Okay so these cookies have no added sugar! They’re sweetened by banana + applesauce, stick together with peanut butter, and all the flavor comes from dried raspberries and coconut. Seriously, they’re amazing. Hearty, soft, and the perfect grab ‘n go breakfast. We gobbled them up in a few days, so share at your own risk 😉
Best part about this cookies is that they’re a blank canvas for creativity. Don’t like raspberry/coconut- try blueberries and granola. Don’t like nuts? Leave ’em out. Swap peanut butter for almond butter, or add some honey for a touch of sweetness. Make them your own!
Happy weekend and happy baking! Let me know if you try them below 🙂
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal + 2 Tbsp water, let sit 5 minutes)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ c natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 c gluten-free oats
- ½ c oat flour (grind ½ cup oats in food processor/blender)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp raw walnut pieces
- ½ c dried raspberries (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine flax meal and water and let sit 5 minutes.
- Mash banana in a large bowl and add the applesauce, peanut butter, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
- Add oats, oat flour, coconut and walnut and combine well. Finally, fold in raspberries.
- Form into 12 cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.
brb going to make a new batch now.