Minty green shamrock shake, layered over crunchy granola and topped with a sweet pistachio crumble. It works for breakfast, dessert, and everything in between thanks to a healthy dose of spinach, fresh mint, and sweet Medjool dates. Make it this St. Patty’s Day and again all year long for a vegan, gluten-free treat 🙂
What better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than with a vegan take on the classic shamrock shake? It’s creamy, minty, and absolutely addicting. Plus, just 5 ingredients required, plant-based, and refined sugar-free. I couldn’t help myself and had to add some crunch –> insert pistachio crumble topping. Plus granola underneath. I am SO happy with how this recipe came out and can’t wait to share it with you today!
I started with a can of coconut cream, chilled in the fridge. Then blended it up with spinach (yep! and you can’t taste it!), mint for that shamrock flavor, dates for natural sweetness, and vanilla. That’s it. So simple and incredibly delicious. It tastes just like the original, but with way healthier ingredients.
I couldn’t help myself and amped up with greenness by making a pistachio crumble. Simply coat pistachios in coconut sugar and coconut oil, then toast 10 minutes.
The spinach gives it a dose of nutrients making it totally acceptable for breakfast, but the coconut cream and dates add enough sweetness to satisfy your tastebuds for dessert. Especially if you some cocoa nibs or chocolate chips!
It tastes just like mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it’s practically drinkable. So incredibly good. And the perfect treat to enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day. Or all year long! Especially with a splash of Bailey’s 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- 1 handful spinach
- 10 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp peppermint extract (optional for extra minty-ness)
- Pistachio Crumble:
- ⅓ c pistachios
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- Optional: granola for base, cacao nibs for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend coconut cream with spinach, mint, dates, vanilla, and optional peppermint extract.
- Place in fridge at least 1 hour then re-blend.
- Combine pistachios, coconut sugar, and coconut oil in a small bowl, spread on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the shake by placing some granola in the bottom of the glass, topping with shake, and finishing with pistachio crumble and cacao nibs, if desired.