I can’t share the smells or the taste, but I can share the pictures & the music. Food should be enjoyed with all of your senses — so bake this up and enjoy
Let me introduce you to your new favorite holiday dessert –> the cutest little gingerbread bundt cakes. Like a fluffy gingerbread cookie with a buttercream frosting. Buttery, festive, and bursting with gingerbread flavor. The best part? They’re easy and ready in half an hour. Cause ain’t no body got time for hour long bake sessions during the holidays.
These little cakes are simple and delicious, but still impressive enough to serve to a crowd. The recipe is gluten-free and vegan, but easily swapped with the ingredients you have on hand. To get the same mini bundt cake appearance I did, you will need one of these. OR simply bake this recipe up in any cake or muffin pan.
Let’s talk about these cakes- I wanted to make them taste as close to gingerbread as possible, but with a cakey texture. I combined warm coconut oil with honey, molasses, and water and poured it over gluten-free flour and gingerbread spices. Nothing fancy, just a simple, wholesome dessert. Perfect for the sweetest time of the year.
The fancy part is the frosting. I love making frosting because it never ends up poorly. If it’s too thick or thin, it’s easily remedied. And it’s always delicious. Warm, cold, backwards, upside down. This frosting is delectable. Softened butter combined with powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla creates an uncanny cream-cheese frosting flavor. It’s thick enough to squeeze through a frosting dispenser and decorate to your liking. Frosting them in the center as I did allows the sweetness to drip down the side trivets coating the whole mini-cake in a lovely glaze.
You and your family will absolutely love these cakes this holiday season or anytime. Let me know if you try them and connect with me on Instagram! xo Karlie
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oat flour (or grind ½ cup oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (can also use regular flour)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup vegan butter, softened (I used Earth Balance sticks- regular butter would work fine!)
- 2 Tbsp milk (I used unsweetened almond, but any milk will work)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and coat your mini bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine warm coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, and water until mixed well. If one ingredient is cool it will harden the coconut oil so warm it all together if needed to keep the mixture liquid.
- Next, combine oat flour, gluten-free flour, and spices in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients over dry until just combined. Don't over-mix.
- Pour into mini bundt cake pans and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Flip onto cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Combine frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix with electric beaters or a whisk until thick and well-combined. Pour into frosting dispenser (or ziploc bag with a corner cut) and frost as desired.
- Best when served warm!
Powdered sugar snow highly encouraged