Overnight oats are the simplest way to ensure you have a healthy breakfast ready to go everyday of the week. Here’s my go-to recipe. Simply mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning you’re ready to go, and can either enjoy them cold or warm them up. Add in your favorite fruits, nuts, and toppings. They’re a blank canvas for whatever flavor you’re craving (or have on hand). Although they’re equally as delicious just as they are. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Feel free to use regular oats if you can and add in yogurt or regular non-dairy milk if that’s a part of your diet.
- ½ cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds or flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Enjoy cold, or warm them in the microwave about 2 minutes.
- Top with fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, nut butter, honey, maple syrup, chocolate chips, etc.
Feel free to add in toppings ahead of time, I often do this with fruit, nut butter, sweeteners, and chocolate.
Will last in the fridge up to one week.