Coming to you with MUFFINS! One of my favorite things to bake. And eat. Simple, quick, and full of Fall pumpkin flavor. It’s my second pumpkin recipe this week, but once I start, it’s just so fun to bake with! And these came out absolutely delicious if I do say so myself. They were inspired by my vegan and gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, but infused with pumpkin spices.
Making them tender, crumbly, and bursting with pumpkin flavor. They’re naturally sweetened with maple syrup, require only 30 minutes, and 1 bowl. What’s not to love?
And the pistachio crumble! After trying a few different toppings, I loved the way the pistachios looked, and the sweet crunch they added to every bite. I personally think the topping is mandatory, so if you don’t want to use pistachios, make a simple crumble with oats, coconut oil, and sugar or sub for pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, or coconut!
I hope you all love these crumbly, tender, PUMPKIN-Y, sweet, simple, & kind of perfect muffins. They’re soft on the inside and crisp on the outside and make a perfect take along snack for work or school. And even a dessert for fall parties! Something that everyone can enjoy:)
If you make these, tag me on Instagram, I’d love to see!
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp flaxmeal, ground
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup applesauce or mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup almond meal (this is different than almond flour as it's more coarse)
- ⅓ cup gluten-free oats (ground into flour in blender or food processor)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- ⅓ cup pistachios, crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line 12 muffin tins with liners.
- Combine almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine 2 Tbsp flax meal and 5 Tbsp water in a large bowl and set aside, at least 5 minutes.
- Whisk together almond milk mixture, flax meal mixture, and maple syrup in the large mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix.
- Add almond meal, oat flour, and gluten-free flour. Mix until well combined.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins (~3/4 full) and sprinkle with ground pistachios.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until nuts are toasted and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out completely clean.
- Let cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes, then on a cooling rack until completely cool.