Creamy vegan garlic mushroom pasta- 15 minutes, one pan, and gluten-free. Perfect for a simple, date night or weeknight meal that tastes fancy and delicious
Pasta. Frankly not a meal that I’d ever expect would be my most popular “genre” on the blog thus far. But here we are. Part of that has to do with it being winter, part has to do with learning to honor my cravings more, partly due to living with a boy (ha), and, largely, due to discovering a gluten-free pasta that I love.
I’ve never been a huge pasta lover for whatever reason. Not that I don’t enjoy it, I do. But once I became gluten-free and tried corn pasta, I was pretty turned off for a while. Combined with not wanting such a “starchy” meal (whatever that means), I kind of just forgot about pasta all together. When I discovered Banza that all changed.
Banza gluten-free pasta is made from CHICKPEAS. And if there’s one thing I love it’s chickpeas. In my hummus, on my salads, even in my waffles. But even more than the ingredient choice, is the taste. The first time we tried Banza was at Eastern Market in Detroit. Yep, a LOCAL gluten free pasta company. I couldn’t be more smitten. They had free samples and we immediately bought 5 boxes. We’ve been stocked up ever since.
This recipe was another easy weeknight meal created with my favorite pasta. I thought it’d be the perfect day to share it with you all since Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. We aren’t going out. We are more the “lets make dinner and stay in and just show our love everyday” people. It’s also a Tuesday, so an elaborate dinner is not in the cards, no matter how much we’d like it to be.
This meal is a compromise. Fancy enough to be restaurant worthy, but simple enough to be Tuesday night worthy. I wanted it to be six ingredients, and it can be if you’d like. However, I threw in the cherry tomatoes and spinach at the end for a pop of color and flavor and I’m so glad I did. I also added olive oil and vegan parmesan cheese. So make this 6, or 10 ingredients. Either way it’s simple as can be.
I hope you enjoy this pasta dish as much as we do! And have a happy Valentine’s day, so much love
- 1 box pasta (I used Banza gluten-free)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp herbs de provence (or a mix of basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano, tarragon, marjoram, lavender)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach
- Vegan Parmesean Cheese
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, mushrooms. Sauté about 5 minutes being careful not to burn garlic.
- Add cornstarch, herbs, and veggie broth and cook 7-8 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in tomatoes and spinach to soften and cook 2 more minutes. Salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm, with vegan parmesan, if desired.
Coincidental heart shaped mushrooms made my day